Wednesday, August 27, 2008

This week in thrifting...

So I didn't find too much, but I did find some more records. I think I have an unhealthy addiction to records or something. I mean I don't buy all the Ray Coniff records I see or Polka Parties, if I did I would need more shelves! I do though buy some of my favorites like blues, jazz, and motown. I'm just glad records don't cost a whole lot. I do have a problem with Goodwills prices, they are a toe over to high. I bouhgt 6 records for almost $7.00. While I went to the other local thrift store I got 12 records for $2.50. I mean come on it is not like there is a high demand for records. It is cheap in general but this happens everytime I go to Goodwill I spend like $50.00 on just 5 or 6 items in the store. It doesn't even make up for the stamp card they give me. Anyway! Here are pics of the things I picked up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be safe in the wake of Gustav! - Thriftgoddess

Monica said...

great!!! I hate the prices at goodwill too!!! I have gotten a bunch of things there lately because its the only one(until september) that is close to my job!!!!!(the little church one reopens in september!!!)

Mel said...

Looks like Tropical Storm Hanna is on its way too!!!

I know about Goodwill! I mean to once and a while people its no big deal, but to frequent thrifter's its a little pricey....

Heidi Ann said...

I've been buying a lot of records lately, too. I was so happy to see that at a new thrift store in town, they were only 25c apiece! That's the cheapest I have EVER found - and i need to go back and look through some more. My back was hurting (they were in a box on the floor) and I had to stop.

Mel said...

I know I usually wear dresses and if I know I am going to look through boxes of records I try for flats and a non-white dress. It is like an addiction though. If I see a corner full of like 6 boxes I have to go through them all because I always think I will miss something. I end up sitting on the floor. I know a lady once said why are there records here? No one buys records anymore. You'd be surprised lady! One's trash can be another's treasure. :)